Where can I download ArcGIS desktop for trial? Through your website, I was only redirected to ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
09-12-2019 04:24 PM
Benix_StephenMasangcay
New Contributor

Hi, 

I registered an account to avail a 21-day trial for ArcGIS Desktop. However,the website directs me always to ArcGIS Pro. So is ArcGIS Desktop incorporated within ArcGIS Pro?

I proceeded with the account and in logging-in, I accessed my 'Trial Downloads' and I can't find ArcGIS Desktop specifically. I went to the ArcGIS Pro installation. Upon installation, I placed my login details, but the prompt said I don't have the license to use ArcGIS Pro. I'm already confused at this point.

Is ArcGIS Desktop (latest version) a separate download from ArcGIS Pro? I already scoured the website and all I can find is that when I sign-up for the 21-day trial, it always directs me to the ArcGIS Pro page. Have I missed something?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChristianWells
Esri Regular Contributor

Thank you for the question. We no longer offer a trial for ArcMap because our development and innovation focus is on ArcGIS Pro. We will still have releases of ArcMap 10.8 but with very little new functionality. There are some more details on the 2019 UC Q&A: What is the future of ArcMap?

If you have a need for ArcMap, I would recommend reaching out through the form below to see what other options may exist.

Information Request

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ChristianWells
Esri Regular Contributor

Thank you for the question. We no longer offer a trial for ArcMap because our development and innovation focus is on ArcGIS Pro. We will still have releases of ArcMap 10.8 but with very little new functionality. There are some more details on the 2019 UC Q&A: What is the future of ArcMap?

If you have a need for ArcMap, I would recommend reaching out through the form below to see what other options may exist.

Information Request

ChristianWells
Esri Regular Contributor

Other users have also recommended exploring the ArcGIS for Personal Use program: 

ArcGIS for Personal Use Program | ArcGIS Desktop Advanced for Personal Use 

0 Kudos