Related Table Edits

Jump to solution
09-12-2019 08:22 AM
jaykapalczynski
Frequent Contributor

I know that you can edit a location and add data to a related table.

Question can I do this with multiple related tables.

Say I have a parcel dataset

I have a relationship classes for:

1. Parcel Info Updates Data

2. Habitat study Data

3. Land Development Data

Can I click a Parcel and have the option to add data into each of the three Related tables above?  Or can you only add data to one related table?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes, you create your layer and relationships, publish that layer to ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise (if you didn't create it in one of them) and then add it to a map. When you tap on the features in Collector, you'll see and be able to interact with the related information. In the Collector documentation, related records are recommended for users who need to keep historical information about their assets -- and some tips for setting up the related table are included in the doc about using ArcGIS Pro to create your layer: Prepare your layer—Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS  (see the 6th bullet in that list).

Esri Education Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes, you can work with multiple related tables for a single feature.

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
jaykapalczynski
Frequent Contributor

I assume you simply create the Feature Class, and Tables.

Add global IDs etc

Set up the relationship classes to the tables

Create a webmap

Access in Collector and the options to edit each table should be there?

0 Kudos
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes, you create your layer and relationships, publish that layer to ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise (if you didn't create it in one of them) and then add it to a map. When you tap on the features in Collector, you'll see and be able to interact with the related information. In the Collector documentation, related records are recommended for users who need to keep historical information about their assets -- and some tips for setting up the related table are included in the doc about using ArcGIS Pro to create your layer: Prepare your layer—Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS  (see the 6th bullet in that list).

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
jaykapalczynski
Frequent Contributor

Thank you for the information....much appreciated...cheers.