Check S123 'Sent' for previous submitted survey? (offline mode)

09-04-2019 06:30 PM
MickF
by
New Contributor

Hi All,

Currently we are using Collector and S123 to capture our field data. If our crews are working in an offline area we are getting duplicates created on the same work task. This is happening because the symbology isn't being reflected in Collectors map.

Is it possible to check the 'instance_name' in the 'Sent' folder on the local device (ipad) for a match with a unique_id passed from Collector? If a match is found i would like to display a note on the survey explaining that a record has already been created and giving them the option to edit it.

Thanks

Mick

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DeonLengton
Esri Contributor

Hi Michael

I am thinking that when you build the link from Collector to S123 you might be able to also send the "status" over from Collector to a field in your survey - then in the survey when the user tries to edit an already edited record you can display a note saying the record has already been edited and basically hide the rest of the fields..

0 Kudos
MickF
by
New Contributor

Hi Deon,

Thanks for the reply, we are driving updates back into Collector using the surveys feature service and updating the primary feature service status with Microsoft flow. Works great when we have a connection to the net! This particular issue is related to offline mode where no updates are processed and as a result our crews cant see any updates in Collector.

We have enabled edits on the primary feature service in Collector allowing a manual edit to show a survey has been submitted. However, our field crews may accidentally skip this step and as a result we risk duplicates being created.

What we would prefer is to calculate on the 'instance_name' on the local devices 'sent' folder and if a match is found display a note letting the user know that a previous survey has been submitted on that work task.

Any other workarounds considered

Thanks,
Mick

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I heard there is a new 123 API coming out that will let you dig into the DB on the tablet.  I do not know much more about it though.  This would only work if the sent record was created from that tablet however.  The issue I see for you is what if Person A filled out a form then Person B would never see it until sync.

I have a similar one where we have a crew with 2 tablets that must fill out 9 forms at a site.  I have some Arcade expressions in the web map popup that tell the user if all forms are complete.  It does not work in Collector yet but Esri says it will soon.  But since we are offline Collector has no idea about 123 forms until I sync so it will not work anyway.  Our other app is looking at using the API to check while offline but then we have the 2 disconnected tablets problem still.

0 Kudos