standard toolbar only gives zoom-out

09-04-2019 08:08 AM
nicksodano
New Contributor

The Standard toolbar was docked in its default position, and I could select Pan, or other tools, BUT when moving to the map, the only tool that appeared was Zoom-out.  Then when I undocked the toolbar, it vanished. Now the toolbar is back but without tools such as Zoom-out, Zoom-in, Pan, etc. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Nick. Assuming this is ArcMap?

Adding a couple more ideas.

Does it display in a new blank map? If not:

Does the toolbar show checked on under customize as shown in this article: https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000011505

If not it sounds like your Tools toolbar may have developed an issue that may be relieved by a reset. Have you tried renaming your template file

NOTE: This will revert it back to default along with your customization. (Be sure to rename the old one to preserve it if you want to revert back.) I would hold off on #5 on this list and seek guidance from esri tech support if you need to do a complete application profile reset involving the registry etc. The important thing here is to rename everything and not delete so reverting is possible.

The attached is an example of the location on windows 10 of the Normal.mxt to rename to Normal_old.mxt

0 Kudos