Polygon Overlap/Gap - Data Reviewer

09-04-2019 02:49 AM
M_DJohnson
Occasional Contributor

The data projection system is GCS_WGS_1984, xy resolution is 0.000000001309672 and tolerance is 0.000000167638064.

If the polygons overlap 1 cm that can't identify the overlap/gap check. Please let us know how to configure.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
KumarGaurav
Esri Contributor

Hi M D Johnson,

It is not very clear from the description that what type of data, you are using. So please confirm the following :

1. Type of Data : File/SDE(SQL Server, Oracle etc.)
  2. Data Reviewer Version 

I tested by creating data with similar specs in File Geodatabase and I am able to find out the overlap by using Polygon sliver check.

Error with Polygon sliver check

measure between overlapping edges

Thanks,

Kumar Gaurav

0 Kudos
M_DJohnson
Occasional Contributor

1. The data in File GeoDatabase

2. Data Reviewer version 10.6

Project InfoToleranceData Measure

If the distance is more it find overlap but very near it is not showing error but in the data most of the cases like this.

Overlap

0 Kudos
KumarGaurav
Esri Contributor

Hi M D Johnson,

Can you please provide a small sample of this data to reproduce this issue locally.

Thanks,

Kumar Gaurav

0 Kudos
M_DJohnson
Occasional Contributor

Hi Gaurav,

Please find the attached sample file geodatabase. Hope to see the solution. Thank you

0 Kudos
M_DJohnson
Occasional Contributor

Any update please?

0 Kudos
KumarGaurav
Esri Contributor

Hi M D Johnson,

I tested with your data using latest ArcMap 10.7.1 and I am getting 1 error with the configuration mentioned in video

Can you please try again using the Maximum Polygon area set to 1 sq meter.

Thanks,

Kumar

0 Kudos
M_DJohnson
Occasional Contributor

Hi Kumar,

it is working some cases as you suggested but still not catch some polygons but could please provide what basis can define maximum polygon area as 1 sq meter as a parameter. However to cover other overlaps such as crossing/overlap/contain change the definition to Geometry on Geometry with Relation "T********". In the case don't have an option to give maximum polygon area input.

Thanks, Johnson

0 Kudos