Definition Query against Shape_Area failing in MMPK/Runtime

09-01-2019 06:20 AM
MichaelThompson
New Contributor III

I have a couple of layers that use a Definition Query to exclude features based on Shape_Area. When I export the map to a Mobile Map Package, these queries cause items to not scale/display properly in ArcGIS Runtime applications - even other layers in the map. Am I doing something wrong?

MMPK is attached. Definition Query is on the Schools layer. As you zoom in, features don't display properly - scale is wrong and they get fuzzy. Turn off the Schools layer and features display fine. If I take out the definition query, everything displays correctly. I can't figure out how to write the query any other way (such as Shape.Area() instead of Shape_Area).

1 Reply
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Looking at your MMPK in ArcGIS Pro I see the following for the Schools layer.

When I look at the Schools data, I also see that none of the Areas are equal or greater than 1.

The mobile map package output data, may differ from your source?  

It might work better to add a specific field, and calculate the area in the desired unit for that field. Then use the new field for the definition query.

The shape fields are a bit special with regard to converting from one data type to another, and I think that is what you are seeing here.

Mark

0 Kudos