AppStudio 4.0 and Portal Connection?

08-28-2019 01:58 PM
MKa
by
Occasional Contributor III

I just installed the latest version of app Studio and I am attempting to run my application from QT Creator.  The app starts up correctly, but doesn't seem to be able to query a feature table that is based on a map layer on the initial load (if the user has logged in withing the last 24 hours).  The query is stuck on waiting for results, and if I try another query, that query returns no results.  This all works in AppStudio 3.2.

The funny thing is, is that if I logout and reestablish a connection with username/password it works.  But if I close the app and reopen (it should remember my toke and info), it fails again and i must reinitiate login.  Unless I am able to roll back AppStudio to 3.2, I need to be able to fix code to put in the missing piece that portal needs?  I don't know what is missing here?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

Couple of questions:

- Are you using the latest version of AppStudio from the Early Adopter Site. If you go to About AppStudio > System Information, ArcGIS Runtime version should be 100.6.2514. 

- What version of Portal are you using?

- Are you using OAuth or Token based security (or something else)?

- On app start up, are you pre-loading the credential cache with an access token and refresh token? If so, have you made sure to store the most recent refresh token and not an older version? Runtime 100.6 did some work to invalidate out of date refresh tokens.

cc Erwin Soekianto

0 Kudos
MKa
by
Occasional Contributor III

I am using the AppStudio version from the AppStudio download page and it does have the correct version of ArcGIS Runtime.

My portal version is 7.1

I believe we are using the Token security and the Portal/refreshToken saved by the Survey123 code doesn't seem to be able to authenticate me.  When I log off and back in, it does authenticate me.  My app was built on top of the Survey 123 code that I last updated in April

0 Kudos
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

From AppStudio for ArcGIS‌ standpoint, the changes from AppStudio 3.2 to 4.0 include update to ArcGIS Runtime 100.6 and underlying Qt Framework version, outlined in this blog

But to my knowledge, out of the box Survey123 codebase does not use ArcGIS Runtime - Portal to authenticate to ArcGIS Online and Enterprise. It is using its own Portal custom code to do that, see Survey123/Portal/Portal.qml, unless this is something that you customized. 

How is the app you built on top of Survey123 authenticate to ArcGIS Enterprise? 

I feel like this type of issue is best handled and get troubleshoot on a deeper level by Esri Technical Support‌, if you have the access. 

0 Kudos