AnsweredAssumed Answered

How can I calculate default coordinates for my geopoint question when it is not a relevant question?

Question asked by james.kelly on Aug 29, 2019
Latest reply on Sep 10, 2019 by JTedrick-esristaff

In my survey the geopoint question is relevant for all but 1 sample type. This is because county is the highest resolution location data that we get for this 1 sample type. However, I would like the default coordinates for this sample type to be the centroid of the selected county. I can get this functionality to work on all of the sample types that are relevant for this question with the following formula and by having a csv file (centroids) in the media folder with x,y coordinates for centroid of each county.

concat(number(pulldata('centroids','x','county', ${county}))," ",number(pulldata('centroids','y','county', ${county})))

I was hoping it would still do the calculation for the sample type for which the geopoint question is not relevant, but it is not. It still returns x and y values of 0, placing the point off the coast of Africa. 

Any help is appreciated! Survey123 Geonet Survey123 (Admin) Survey123 Survey James Tedrick Ismael Chivite

Outcomes