I am having this error while using Arch hydro and HEC-GeoHMS tools in Arc map, i wonder if any one of have a solution for that error:

Jump to solution
08-26-2019 08:53 PM
Labels (1)
OmarNofal
New Contributor

This is the error:
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.

at ESRI.ArcGIS.Geoprocessing.GeoProcessorClass.Execute(String Name, IVariantArray ipValues, ITrackCancel pTrackCancel)
   at ESRI.APWR.ApHydro.ArcHydroOp.DEMReconditioningGP(ApLayers apLayers, Double numCellsBuff, Double sharpDrop, Double smoothDrop, Boolean raiseNegative, Boolean bUsingStreamGridInput, ITrackCancel& trackcancel, IGPMessages& messages, String& exMessage) in C:\Builds\HydroSolutions\10.5_ArcHydro\Sources\ArcHydroTools\src\ApHydro\ArcHydroOp.vb:line 63089
Failed to execute (DEMReconditioning).
Failed at Mon Aug 26 20:36:03 2019 (Elapsed Time: 14 minutes 56 seconds)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EllenFehrs
New Contributor III

Not sure if this is your problem, but have you tried checking your Target Locations under ApUtilities? I got a similar error when I accidentally left my Raster Data set to a Personal/File Geodatabase instead of a Shapefile/Raster Workspace. It's a pain in the butt, but you should probably check ApUtilitiesConfig / DefaultConfic / HydroConfig individually.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
EllenFehrs
New Contributor III

Not sure if this is your problem, but have you tried checking your Target Locations under ApUtilities? I got a similar error when I accidentally left my Raster Data set to a Personal/File Geodatabase instead of a Shapefile/Raster Workspace. It's a pain in the butt, but you should probably check ApUtilitiesConfig / DefaultConfic / HydroConfig individually.

OmarNofal
New Contributor

Actually that was the problem, I was able to solve by renaming the whole extension and never leave spaces in the name of the folders within the directory location. It takes me 3 weeks to know that after a lot of trials.

EllenFehrs
New Contributor III

Glad you figured it out!

jelan
by
New Contributor

this worked for me! thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
ns90tnau
New Contributor

Thanks, @EllenFehrs. I too had the same problem and followed your advice. Now, it is resolved.

0 Kudos
TesfaAndualem
New Contributor

Failed to execute (DEMReconditioning).

error:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.

at ESRI.ArcGIS.Geoprocessing.GeoProcessorClass.Execute(String Name, IVariantArray ipValues, ITrackCancel pTrackCancel)
   at ESRI.APWR.ApHydro.ArcHydroOp.DEMReconditioningGP(ApLayers apLayers, Double numCellsBuff, Double sharpDrop, Double smoothDrop, Boolean raiseNegative, Boolean bUsingStreamGridInput, ITrackCancel& trackcancel, IGPMessages& messages, String& exMessage) in C:\Builds\9\s\ArcHydroTools\src\ApHydro\ArcHydroOp.vb:line 63019

0 Kudos