Not able to split polygon

08-20-2019 01:19 PM
ScottLew1
New Contributor II

I have a polygon feature service in ArcGIS Pro 2.3.2 and when using the Split tool, "Operation failed" appears.  Other tools (Move, Reshape, Edit Vertices) in the Edit tab get completed.  Please see attached PDF showing screen shots.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
BrynR
by
New Contributor III

I also get the "Operation Failed" message when trying to split a polygon from a feature service.

I'm using ArcGIS Pro 2.4.1 and the 'Download Map' capability. The split tool works when "online", it is only when "offline" the error occurs.

Peter_von_Minden
New Contributor III

Same issue here with ArcGIS Pro 2.4.1. When I check out the entire feature service (or just a single layer) in offline mode, I get the same error. Please help ESRI ESRI

0 Kudos
BrynR
by
New Contributor III

Split is also not working for line features from a feature service - again using ArcGIS Pro 2.4.1

0 Kudos
DavidGiblin
New Contributor

We are running ArcGIS Pro 2.4.0 and have been experiencing similar issues. When working with a hosted feature service offline and attempting to perform a split, the operation will fail.

In our case there is an additional issue where, any edits that were recently made will then be lost from the offline geodatabase. If those edits were already synced to the service then they will be retained online, but never show up in the offline geodatabase until you disconnect and redownload. If the edits were not yet synced to the service then they will be permanently lost.

This has happened with multiple projects/services/users.

BrynR
by
New Contributor III

I can confirm the same behavior when the split tool fails, numerous features from the offline geodatabase will disappear - this doesn't seem to be limited to just edits.

0 Kudos
Peter_von_Minden
New Contributor III

We are also loosing our offline data when trying to split. It is fine online.

0 Kudos
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Scott,

The others who are posting in this thread are reporting the issue with offline feature services. Is that what you're working with too? Thanks for any further info.

-Scott

0 Kudos
ClintonMcComb1
New Contributor II

I'm also having the same problem trying to split polygons with an offline feature service on ArcGIS Pro 2.4.1. Like the others, it works fine when it's live online. Any updates?

0 Kudos
ScottLew1
New Contributor II

Replying to Scott Harris:

Hello Scott,

The issue I’m having is with an on-line feature service.

The enterprise GDB is on Oracle SDE and ArcGIS Server is Software Version 10.5.1 (build 7333).

Thank you.