Creating Survey 123 from Feature Service

08-20-2019 04:29 AM
SandiPreston
New Contributor

I've attempted a few times now to create a Survey 123 from from a feature service without success. The latest is a form from a table. It publishes ok, but when I click on the link for the URL I get the following error and basically a blank screen. It works fine if i publish the survey as if it was a new feature service. What does this error mean?

Error: Initialing Form...

• Cannot read property 'on' of undefined
0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Sandi Preston‌,

Thanks for posting this here. In my experience I usually receive this error if there is an element missing from the survey (e.g. I did not include an image resource or CSV for pulldata in the survey's media folder). It's hard to say exactly what is causing the error without taking a closer look at your XLS form and/or the Feature Service. This is something that Esri Support can take a look at if you want to create a case.

Is your Feature Service a Hosted Feature Layer in ArcGIS Online or coming from an Enterprise environment?

Thanks,

Peter

0 Kudos
SandiPreston
New Contributor

Thanks Peter,

I'll revisit and see if there is an image missing - this form doesn't have any pull data. I thought it might have to do with a signature in the form so I enabled attachments to the feature service but I can't rename the attachment to the same as the signature field name. The attachment field created in arcgis online when attachments enabled is "Photos And File" but Survey 123 connect wont  have spaces in the field name. Could it have something to do with this?

It is from a  Feature Service a Hosted Feature Layer in ArcGIS Online.

I initially created the form in Survey 123 published it to get the database structure, downloaded it and placed it into a larger Geodatabase which is published as a feature Service I then tried to re-create the Survey 123 form from that published layer. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Sandi Preston‌,

Thanks for the details here. The issue could have to do with the attachment field - you may need to manually recreate the signature question per this documentation:Use Survey123 with existing feature services—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS

Thank you,

Peter

0 Kudos