Can I include soft constraints for non-geopoint questions?

08-20-2019 10:17 AM
S_-_EvanRaskin__GISS_
Occasional Contributor

I have a number of questions in my survey with hard constraints coded in the "constraint" & "constraint_message" fields, but I would also like to include soft constraints (e.g., if an entered value is above the 95th percentile but still plausible, I would like a warning to appear but not prevent the value from being entered). I thought I could do this with "bind::esri:warning" and "bind::esri:warning_message," but in my trials the warning never appears, whether or not the warning condition is met. I have used these constraints successfully with geopoint fields, as described here - can they not also be used for other field types? If not, is there another way that I can create soft constraints for numerical fields?

2 Replies
S_-_EvanRaskin__GISS_
Occasional Contributor

I have figured out how to code my own soft constraints using note fields with "relevant" rules encoding my constraints (note only appears if specific rule in "relevant" field is met). This will work for what I need, but it seems like it should be possible to do this with the bind::esri:warning field, and a pop-up that you have to interact with would be a stronger message than a note field appearing.

0 Kudos
AmandaBeck
Occasional Contributor

Have you figured out how to use the warning field on a geopoint question? 

0 Kudos