Raster values or pixel location

08-16-2019 03:18 PM
Labels (1)
AndrewHenderson
New Contributor

Silly question... I'd like to be able to use the ArcGIS Pro GUI to select raster pixels and see their x,y location and full values.  My raster has values ranging from 10^-12 to 10^-8, so the pop-up attribute information just shows me 0.000000.  I suppose if I could get the x,y location, I could use python GetCellValue to see the actual values.

A few additional notes that may be relevant:

• In my ArcGIS Pro (v 2.4), I do not see the Raster Item Explorer in my Raster Layer "Data" toolbar.   
  • This raster is one I've created from a .nc file via python, using arcpy.MakeNetCDFRasterLayer_md and arcpy.CopyRaster_management.  
  • I suppose I could use python to do some raster algebra and multiply everything by, e.g. 1e6, but that will be cumbersome when I need to go back to original data for sharing.

Thanks in advance for any help!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SimonWoo
Esri Contributor

The Explore tool, on the map tab, works like the identify tool, when you click on the map.  This will pop up a window that shows the pixel value and the location you clicked.

The Raster Item Explorer is only for mosaic datasets.  If you have a mosaic dataset, the icon will appear on the Image Server layer tab. 

Let us know if these answer your questions.

Simon W

0 Kudos
AndrewHenderson
New Contributor

Hi Simon: Thanks for the suggestion.  The Explore tool is not quite behaving as you describe.  I poked around a bit but don't see a setting to tweak, so I apologize if I'm missing something.  Currently, the pop-up does not show x,y location, but does show the cell value (however, it's still as 0.000000, though the value is something < 10^-6).  

Screenshot showing the Explore tool; cell value is displayed, but not x,y position.

0 Kudos
PavanYadav
Esri Contributor

Hi Andrew,

You can locate x,y location at the bottom of the above window, as shown in the below screen capture

0 Kudos
DanielGluck
New Contributor III

Hi, 

i have the same problem. 
when I click with the Explore on a raster I get the pixel value but not the coordinates of the point where I clicked on the raster (I can’t see the coordinates that you marked in red  above). 

0 Kudos