How GeoEvent handles and transforms the datetime in csv file input and csv file output and BDS output connectors?

08-16-2019 02:42 AM
ShengrongLiu
New Contributor II

I have two observation data from different manufacturers and both them provide date in csv file, so I create two "watch a folder in new csv file" input connectors to ingest the raw date,and then create a "write to a csv file" and "Add a Feature to a Spatiotemporal Big Data Store" output connector for both geoevent service without any processors.

one raw data's datetime is UTC time, and the output is show as follow:

the parameter of Expected Date Format  in csv input connector is set by "yyyy/MM/dd hh:mm" , and then i found there are very different from the raw data.

another raw data's datetime is UTC+8(as Beijing time), and the output as follow:

the parameter of Expected Date Format  in csv input connector is set by "yyyy/MM/dd hh:mm:ss" , it seems that csv output and BDS output create the rong datetime, raw datetime 2019-8-8 12:00:55 transformed to UTC+8 shouldn't that be 2019-8-8 12:00:55 +08:00 ? why does it be transformed to USA time(AM) in BDS (and even more serious loss of the second time)? 

what happened when geoevent ingesting these data and dealing with the datetime? is there anyone who can  explain to me how GeoEvent handles and transforms the datetime?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there,

I'm thinking that's probably because CSV input is unable to take your raw DateTime as UTC one. As there is no timezone specified, so the input takes raw input timezone as +8:00 as well. 

0 Kudos