Why is Copy Selected records disabled?

Jump to solution
08-13-2019 02:19 PM
MattWilkie1
Occasional Contributor II

Can anyone tell me why Copy Selected Records might be disabled, and what I can do about it?

Ctrl-Shift-C has no effect.

Selected features are in a polygon feature class in file geodatabase that only I have access to. Editing is enabled.

Pro v2.4.0.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MattWilkie1

Some fields were hidden and Show Aliases was turned on. After unhiding all fields and turning off aliases I can copy. It took several seconds for the [Copy] button to enable itself, perhaps 5.

I tried hiding the fields again and [Copy] remains enabled (and functional).

Copy remains enabled after exiting Pro and restarting again.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

------

It's a table for a polygon feature class within a feature dataset, in a file-gdb stored on network windows share.

No joins, domains, or sub-types.

I'm not sure why the strange ObjectID field name. It's not something I named deliberately. I believe the FC originally came from an AutoCAD file so it's likely something to do with that heritage.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

https://community.esri.com/migrated-users/105923

In your Table of Contents click on the List By Editing (the pencil).  Are there any Warnings or Alerts for the feature you are trying to copy?

TOC

0 Kudos
MattWilkie1

No, no warnings or alerts

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

your objectid field is a bit strange. 

Edit an active table—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop see the section on the importance of the objectid field

What is the nature of this table?

Are some fields hidden? A join?

Is it a standalone geodatabase table?

MattWilkie1

Some fields were hidden and Show Aliases was turned on. After unhiding all fields and turning off aliases I can copy. It took several seconds for the [Copy] button to enable itself, perhaps 5.

I tried hiding the fields again and [Copy] remains enabled (and functional).

Copy remains enabled after exiting Pro and restarting again.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

------

It's a table for a polygon feature class within a feature dataset, in a file-gdb stored on network windows share.

No joins, domains, or sub-types.

I'm not sure why the strange ObjectID field name. It's not something I named deliberately. I believe the FC originally came from an AutoCAD file so it's likely something to do with that heritage.

0 Kudos