ArcGIS Pro 2.4 constantly crashing

08-09-2019 07:53 AM
DanielSlocum
New Contributor

I am having an issue with ArcPro 2.4 constantly crashing whenever I do anything such as opening a project, or clicking on any action buttons such as Add Data or opening Properties windows. The following error pops up:

If it does make it past opening a project, I receive a Security Alert shown below that I haven't received in the past. I click yes in order to proceed. Once past this point, any action button I click, it always crashes. Any ideas?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Daniel,

Since we're not yet sure what the crash is, I don't know if it is one that might have been addressed in 2.4 Patch 1. 

ArcGIS Pro 2.4 Patch 1 is Available 

Have you submitted the error reports with a valid email address?  If so, I could search for them using your email (which I don't have).  You could either share that and I'll take a look, or, if you have not submitted the reports, you can attach them and we'll analyze them.

Go to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\ESRI\ErrorReports and send us the latest .dmp files.  The filename includes a timestamp as seen here:

0 Kudos
DanielSlocum
New Contributor

Kory,

Yes I have submitted a number of error reports using slocumd@bv.com. I have also already installed the patch 2.4.1 and the crashing still happens.

Thanks,

Danny

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Thanks.  I'm not seeing any reports associated with the email address (yet?).  Could you send .dmp files to kkramer@esri.com so that we can analyze them?

You note that sometimes you are able to get into the application - can you go to Settings > Portals

That warning message that you're showing may have to do with a Portal connection, or it might be coming from certain content within the project...  

Please send the .dmp files and we'll start there.  Thanks

0 Kudos