AppStudio for ArcGIS 4.0

Jump to solution
08-09-2019 05:34 AM
KamranYusaf1
New Contributor III

The coming update to AppStudio for ArcGIS will change the way we build our apps (Cloud Make). Would that mean that i would be forced to move to AppStudio 4.0 to be able to build my apps? If yes, would i still be able to build my apps that was created with Appstudio 3.x using AppStudio for ArcGIS 4.0?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

No, you would not be forced to move to AppStudio 4.0. You can still use AppStudio 3.x until it is fully deprecated. (although you probably want to upgrade to AppStudio Desktop 4.0 to take advantage of the new features it provides). If you have AppStudio Standard license and are building your apps using Cloud Make from AppStudio Desktop now on AppStudio 3.x, these changes don't affect you. 

The changes coming in AppStudio 4.0 with Cloud Make revolve around what level of AppStudio license has access to Cloud Make. At AppStudio 4.0 the base license level of AppStudio for ArcGIS (previously referred to as AppStudio Basic) does not have access to Cloud Make, the Cloud Make service is only available for AppStudio Developer Edition users (previously AppStudio Standard).

More details about the changes are explained in this blog, https://community.esri.com/groups/appstudio/blog/2019/06/25/licensing-changes-coming-in-appstudio-fo... 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

No, you would not be forced to move to AppStudio 4.0. You can still use AppStudio 3.x until it is fully deprecated. (although you probably want to upgrade to AppStudio Desktop 4.0 to take advantage of the new features it provides). If you have AppStudio Standard license and are building your apps using Cloud Make from AppStudio Desktop now on AppStudio 3.x, these changes don't affect you. 

The changes coming in AppStudio 4.0 with Cloud Make revolve around what level of AppStudio license has access to Cloud Make. At AppStudio 4.0 the base license level of AppStudio for ArcGIS (previously referred to as AppStudio Basic) does not have access to Cloud Make, the Cloud Make service is only available for AppStudio Developer Edition users (previously AppStudio Standard).

More details about the changes are explained in this blog, https://community.esri.com/groups/appstudio/blog/2019/06/25/licensing-changes-coming-in-appstudio-fo... 

0 Kudos
KamranYusaf1
New Contributor III

Ok, thanks for clarifying that:)

0 Kudos