i just installed arc gis pro, but accidentally authorize the license for arcgis desktop 10.7.1

08-10-2019 09:13 PM
AriefRossi_Ramadhan
New Contributor

and i moving my old hdd to my new pc. in my new pc i installed arcgis desktop 10.7.1. when i try to open it the license file failed. how can i deathorize my license to use it for my new pc ?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

Arief Rossi Ramadhan 

You should be able to deauthorize the license from ArcGIS Administrator that should be installed in your ArcGIS folder from the Start menu.  Please see How To: Perform online deauthorization of licenses for ArcGIS for Desktop and ArcGIS Engine.  Please see image below to deauthorize a single use license. 

If you moved your HDD before deauthorizing, I would recommend contacting ESRI customer support for assistance in recovering your license.  ESRI responds quickly when placing a support ticket.

There is also a Command Line version Silent authorization commands that includes Deauthorization but I would contact ESRI first.

AriefRossi_Ramadhan
New Contributor

this is what happen, i am stuck right now. esri didnt respond my email yet

0 Kudos
AmnoyAm
Esri Regular Contributor

Arief,

Go to the original machine where you authorized your Desktop License using ArcGIS Pro.  Just start ArcGIS Pro.  Go to the Configure your licensing option.  Switch to Single Use License Type.  Click on the option to Deauthorize.  ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Desktop use the same authorization wizard to authorize/deauthorize licenses.  It should list all Single Use licenses (Pro and Desktop) on the system.  Check off all licenses you want to deauthorize.  Once completed, you can go ahead and authorize your Desktop license on the new system.  

AriefRossi_Ramadhan
New Contributor

The problem is, my old HDD that installed arcgis pro is moved to my new pc.
Here is the summary what i do when i first purchase single use arcgis :

1. I go to download page in esri, downloading arcgis pro file and install it

2. i skip installing arcgis desktop,

3. I open arcgis pro, in there i accidentally activating my license and the extension

4. i follow the proccess save authorization file, then email the file to esri.

5. esri replied with authorization_xxxxxx response file.

6. i submit the response file then it activated for arcgis desktop i think.

7. I got new pc, so i moved my hdd without deatuhorize the license.

any help or suggestion is appreciated.

0 Kudos
AmnoyAm
Esri Regular Contributor

I see.  Basically the license was authorized to the old hard drive.  In that case, you will need to recover the license.  You can do so by going to my.esri.com and to the Recover Lost Licenses tab.  Just follow the wizard and provide the necessary information or contact Esri Customer Service.  This is the only option to recover your lost license.  

0 Kudos
AriefRossi_Ramadhan
New Contributor

i didnt find any tab that have recover license tab

0 Kudos
AmnoyAm
Esri Regular Contributor

Please contact Esri Customer Service.  The representative can help you your lost licenses.  He/She can also help you with your access to MyEsri and why you do not have the License Recovery option.  

0 Kudos