WinService extension error

Jump to solution
08-02-2019 10:17 AM
MikeSchonlau
Occasional Contributor III

I'm getting this error when I try to configure the WinService extension:

I am using a server name like subdomain.hostname.com. I've also tried it with private and public ip's, and with https:// in front. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnGraham2
Occasional Contributor

Hi Michael, 

Try adding a Process counter instead for the services you want to monitor, such as ArcGISServer or ArcGISPortal. Maybe the subdomain is preventing the WinService extension script from accessing it.

Hope it helps,

John

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JohnGraham2
Occasional Contributor

Hi Michael,

Check that the target system can be monitored with the standard System counter type in ArcGIS Monitor before adding this extension. You might need to set Windows permissions to allow monitoring. The error above happens when the target system cannot be accessed to find the Services. 

Hope it helps,

John

0 Kudos
MikeSchonlau

Hi John

I do have a successful system counter for this server. However, I am not able to get the WinService counter to work using the server's hostname, public ip, nor private ip. Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
JohnGraham2
Occasional Contributor

Hi Michael, 

Try adding a Process counter instead for the services you want to monitor, such as ArcGISServer or ArcGISPortal. Maybe the subdomain is preventing the WinService extension script from accessing it.

Hope it helps,

John

0 Kudos
MikeSchonlau

Thanks, John. I do have Process counters setup, so I will just use those to keep an eye on the ArcGIS Server and Portal processes.

0 Kudos