Best Practices upgrading to ArcGIS Runtime Qt 100.5

08-05-2019 07:26 AM
Jan-Tschada
Esri Contributor

Are there any best practices for upgrading to the new ArcGIS runtime especially on Linux? I Just uninstalled the 100.4 version using ./Setup like we did with the first 100.1 upgrade. Afterwards I just executed the ./Setup of the 100.5 and followed the installation instructions. Luckily it worked like a charm, but I only have the arcgis runtime samples and some small demo apps to upgrade.

It would be nice to have any upgrade like e.g. necessary steps when upgrading the ArcGIS Runtime and the Qt version. Maybe we can use to DSA - App as a best practice use case.

Lucas Danzinger

Product Manager
Developers and Location Services
Germany and Switzerland
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

To build against different versions of the SDK, simply include the PRI that you want to build against in your project's .pro file. For example

For 100.4, add the following to your .pro:

include(/InstallDir/ArcGIS_SDKs/Qt100.4/sdk/ideintegration/arcgis_runtime_qml_cpp.pri)

For 100.5, add the following to your .pro

include(/InstallDir/ArcGIS_SDKs/Qt100.5/sdk/ideintegration/arcgis_runtime_qml_cpp.pri)

For convenience, we have everything setup in our DSA app and our app templates so that all you need to do is change the version variable, and it'll update the include path automatically. For example, once we release 100.6, you can update the Vehicle version of DSA by changing this variable, running qmake, and rebuilding - https://github.com/Esri/dynamic-situational-awareness-qt/blob/master/Vehicle/Vehicle.pro#L23