Hotspot Analysis Symbology is Gone?

Jump to solution
07-31-2019 02:28 PM
AlexandreHughes1
New Contributor II

Hello community,

I have run a hotspot analysis on a set of data and wanted to take that output into a custom template to quickly generate several maps, however, when I brought my hotspot point feature class into the template all of the symbology was gone -- such as the 99%-red all the way down to the 99%-blue. I'd like to bring this symbology back into play here but I have not found any helpful methods of doing this here on the forums or anywhere else for that matter.

Here is a picture of what I have currently:

Please, if you can point me in the right direction, that'd be awesome!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Hmmm...I wonder if by creating a template for the project/map, it "forgets" the symbology.  One thing to try is with the Map View that does have proper hot spot symbology, share it as a Layer File.  Then in your new projects, add the Layer File but repoint the source data.  Would that work?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Hmmm...I wonder if by creating a template for the project/map, it "forgets" the symbology.  One thing to try is with the Map View that does have proper hot spot symbology, share it as a Layer File.  Then in your new projects, add the Layer File but repoint the source data.  Would that work?

AlexandreHughes1
New Contributor II

I'll try that after dinner, though, I'd like to also mention that when running the hotspot analysis it saves the file into a feature set -- point in this case -- and that was what I brought into the template. Perhaps the point feature loses its symbology?

0 Kudos
AlexandreHughes1
New Contributor II

That worked! Thanks so much!