ArcGIS Pro Standard and ArcGIS Desktop Basic license triggering error when running certain Geoprocessing tools

08-01-2019 09:48 AM
AlexanderLynch2
New Contributor III

BACKGROUND: Recently purchased 'ArcGIS Pro GIS Professional Standard' edition as an upgrade to be used on top of 'ArcMap Desktop Basic'. I was told by a representative that if I were to purchase only 'ArcGIS Pro GIS Professional Standard', I would be able to use ALL Geoprocessing Standard tools [excluding advanced-only capabilities]. Also I was told that the arcgis desktop basic will also elevate to Standard license and to purchase 'ArcGIS Desktop Standard' for an additional $250/yr would not be necessary when coupled with existing arcgis desktop software.  QUESTION/PROBLEM: 

1) why has ArcCatalog/ArcMap not changed license when GIS Professional Standard was activated?

2) Do some of the Geoprocessing tool require both ArcGIS Pro AND ArcGIS desktop Standard-edition in order to work? e.g. 'Enable Enterprise Geodatabase' 'Create Spatial Type'

3) Are there workarounds, or did I miss an installation step? 

Thanks in advanced, 

-Alexander  

0 Kudos
1 Reply
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

The GIS Professional user type is just for ArcGIS Pro.  So if you purchased it for ArcGIS Pro Standard, that will not give you a Standard license for ArcGIS Desktop (ArcMap).

I'd recommend getting back in touch with whomever you spoke with to clarify what you need.  If you ultimately need ArcMap to have the Standard license level capabilities, you would need to purchase ArcGIS Desktop Standard (which also includes ArcGIS Pro - so you would have ArcMap/ArcCatalog and also ArcGIS Pro all with the Standard license level).

0 Kudos