Offline Deployment

07-31-2019 11:32 AM
SelimOzel
New Contributor III

I am about to finalize an app built with QT/C++ SDK. One of the remaining items I need to fix is to have the capability to give access to field users offline map support. 

I am kind of lost regarding how to achieve that and I am also trying to find the right licensing option for our needs. I tried running the Generate Offline Map example [1] but it gives me a gray-empty scene. I think it's because I don't have the right license/user setup to obtain the offline data.

Could you give me some pointers on this? 

Thanks!
S

[1] https://github.com/Esri/arcgis-runtime-samples-qt/tree/c5dbfc681af615a7d20eb03a510be9c37854434a/ArcG...

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

To run that sample, you'll need to scroll down to the bottom of the QML code an uncomment the AuthenticationView. It is a little confusing, but we need to do this because these samples are pulled into the sample viewer, which also has an AuthenticationView declared. Having multiple instances of it would result in lots of sign in prompts when an authentication challenge came through, so we chose to comment it out in the code. Hopefully that'll make it work for you. If you still have issues or you have suggestions on a better way to do this, please let us know. Thanks!

SelimOzel
New Contributor III

Thanks!! I was actually looking for something like that in the code but missed it. Will try it very soon.

0 Kudos