Send error in Survey 123

07-29-2019 10:05 AM
SumbulQaimkhani
New Contributor

I have a tree inventory survey which has some collected data i would like to sync back to the survey 123 account, however, when I sent it, it is giving me an error. 

I have attached the xls form below as well. 

My main concern is since the survey is published already and if I republish it, will it loose the collected data. I would want to back up the data first although it is not being published from my tablet to online so how can I back the data or fix the issue. 

Any help would be appreciated .

thanks,

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Sumbul,

Your 'utmtext' text question has a field type of EsriPointGeometryZ - this looks to be a one-off line error.  You'll need to republish this creating a new feature service, unfortunately.

0 Kudos
SumbulQaimkhani
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply, if I republish I would loose my data right, unless I write it down somewhere manually .

0 Kudos
BrittneyGibbons1
Occasional Contributor

Can you remove the field that is the wrong type and re-add it to the service before republishing your form? I had to do that for a text field that I had incorrectly mapped to an integer field. I removed the original integer field and then added it back with the same field name as a text field. I republished my survey with the correct field binding and then my forms were able to submit successfully.  

Another alternative might be republishing the form using a submission URL that has the correct schema. 

0 Kudos