Hello, I can't seem to solve the Survey123 400 error when publishing. Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling new Survey 123 software, rebooting, recreating from scratch and searched for duplicates or special chars. Attached screenshot and data. Thanks!

07-23-2019 08:05 AM
VinD_Angelo
New Contributor II

Screenshot of error message on right side

0 Kudos
3 Replies
rachelg_esri
Esri Contributor

Hello Vin!

A few questions for you:

• If you look at your content in ArcGIS Online (or Portal if that's where you're publishing to), do you see a folder with a hosted feature service that has the name of the survey?
  • If you are familiar with Fiddler, can you see if you can capture some traffic using that and provide that log? That may help us see more about the error you're getting. Here's some information on Fiddler if you're not familiar with it: https://community.esri.com/groups/technical-support/blog/2018/06/07/monitoring-web-service-requests-... . Instructions on capturing this log are below:

Prepare Fiddler

1. Download Fiddler from http://www.telerik.com/fiddler

2. In Fiddler, go to the Tools menu > Options

3. In the HTTPS tab, check "Capture HTTPS CONNECTs" and "Decrypt HTTPS traffic"

4. Upon checking the second option, you should be prompted to trust the root certificate of Fiddler. This allows us to capture the information needed to see any issues. If you don't see this, click Actions on the right > Trust Root Certificate. Click allow/yes through the pop-ups.

5. Click "Decode" button on the toolbar.

Preparing to get the log

1. Get up to the point where you only have to click one button to reproduce the error we are troubleshooting.

Capture traffic

1. In Fiddler, go to File > ensure Capture Traffic is NOT checked

2. In Fiddler, go to Edit > Remove > All Sessions

3. In Fiddler go to File > turn on Capture Traffic - this will start recording all network traffic on your computer

4. Click the one button needed in the browser or your application to reproduce the error we are troubleshooting.

5. In Fiddler, go to File > turn off Capture Traffic as soon after you get the error message as possible

6. In Fiddler, go to File > Save > All Sessions and save the .SAZ file.

If you are uncomfortable with attaching your .SAZ file to this forum, feel free to create a support case and we'll assist you here in Support Services with a closer look at what you're seeing.

Thanks!

-- Rachel

Esri Support Services

Rachel Guttmacher
ArcGIS Online Technology Lead
Esri Support Services
0 Kudos
VinD_Angelo
New Contributor II

Hi Rachel, 

Thanks for the reply. In response to the first question, yes, I had gone through the Content folder and deleted surveys with same name that were there due to previous publishing attempts and I was still getting the error. Today, though, I didn't get any errors. Both surveys that I was previously working on published just fine. I can't prove this but it could have been connectivity related, I work for a fed agency and our network seemed slow last week and is functioning much quicker today. If it happens again I'll try Fiddler and include those files. Thanks again

Vin

rachelg_esri
Esri Contributor

Hello Vin,

Glad to hear that things are working! Network connectivity could certainly be a cause of this one!

Let us know if it comes up again!

Best regards,

Rachel

Esri Support Services

Rachel Guttmacher
ArcGIS Online Technology Lead
Esri Support Services
0 Kudos