How to Purchase/Download ArcGIS 9.3

Jump to solution
07-22-2019 01:41 PM
MadisonJara
New Contributor

Is there a way to purchase an older version of ArcGIS? Specifically version 9.3, due to the computer being used for the program is still running on Windows XP Pro 2001. Also, would the price of the older version be cheaper or the same as the newest version?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rachelg_esri
Esri Contributor

Hello Madison,

At the moment, the latest version of ArcGIS for Desktop is 10.7.1, released June 27th, 2019. This version is supported on Windows 10, 8.1, 7, and Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012, and 2008.

The version you inquired of above (9.3) has been retired for almost 6 years (as of December 31, 2013) and from what I understand is no longer available. If anyone knows of any exceptions to this, it would be an account manager or customer service representative. I'd recommend getting in touch with one of them to see if there is any way you can get this product version, though I can advise right now that it's very unlikely. You can call in at 888-377-4575 and ask for your customer service representative or account manager there.

Also, to note, Windows XP was retired on April 7, 2014 and is no longer supported even by Windows. It's strongly recommended to migrate to a later operating system for the safety and security of your computer and information. We try to keep up to date on supporting software on OSes still supported by their own companies, and even our oldest still-supported version (ArcGIS for Desktop10.3) isn't supported on Windows XP as is.

I'd recommend taking a look at the following resources:

You also may want to consider migrating to ArcGIS Pro, which is our latest application. For more information on ArcGIS Pro, see here.

Best regards,

Rachel

Esri Support Services

Rachel Guttmacher
ArcGIS Online Technology Lead
Esri Support Services

View solution in original post

1 Reply
rachelg_esri
Esri Contributor

Hello Madison,

At the moment, the latest version of ArcGIS for Desktop is 10.7.1, released June 27th, 2019. This version is supported on Windows 10, 8.1, 7, and Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012, and 2008.

The version you inquired of above (9.3) has been retired for almost 6 years (as of December 31, 2013) and from what I understand is no longer available. If anyone knows of any exceptions to this, it would be an account manager or customer service representative. I'd recommend getting in touch with one of them to see if there is any way you can get this product version, though I can advise right now that it's very unlikely. You can call in at 888-377-4575 and ask for your customer service representative or account manager there.

Also, to note, Windows XP was retired on April 7, 2014 and is no longer supported even by Windows. It's strongly recommended to migrate to a later operating system for the safety and security of your computer and information. We try to keep up to date on supporting software on OSes still supported by their own companies, and even our oldest still-supported version (ArcGIS for Desktop10.3) isn't supported on Windows XP as is.

I'd recommend taking a look at the following resources:

You also may want to consider migrating to ArcGIS Pro, which is our latest application. For more information on ArcGIS Pro, see here.

Best regards,

Rachel

Esri Support Services

Rachel Guttmacher
ArcGIS Online Technology Lead
Esri Support Services