I've been working in ArcGIS Pro 2.3.3, and I've attempted to add a new field to several layers in a geodatabse- I'll call it gdb X.
From the attribute, I click "Add", and I'm able to type in the new field's name, alias, and type as normal. When I click save up on the ribbon to complete the field addition, I get the following error:
I've been reading other threads and troubleshooting, and here is what I have learned so far:
- I am able to add a field to layers from gdb X without issue in ArcMap 10.7
- I am able to add fields to layers from a different geodatabse (gdb Y) in ArcPro
- I opened a completely new Project, connected to gdb X, and got the same error
- Compared read/write settings for the folders in which gdb X and gdb Y reside- they appear to be the same, as do the security settings
- As a workaround, I used the Add Field data management tool, which does successfully add a field to layers in gdb X, so adding a field with the Add button should theoretically work.
The context here is that I'm writing a lab for students, and it would be great if they could add fields the simple way rather than having to do a workaround using the tool.
Any thoughts/insights here would be greatly appreciated!