Configure ArcGIS Indoors WebApp

Jump to solution
07-19-2019 04:01 PM
BraulioGalvez1
Esri Contributor

Hi Indoors Team!

I need more information, about how configure the webapp for Indoors. I have data example donwloaded from MY ESRI, and I could share the webmap and webscene, from the sample project: ArcGIS Indoors Sample.aprx.... Then, I configured WebMap according to: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/indoors/web/configure-a-web-map-for-indoors.htm but, when I need configure the app, I have not success.

I have all products with licenses, Portal 10.7.1 with capabilities for Indoors, when I share as webmap and webscene, I done from an user with license of Portal for ArcGIS Pro Advanced for Indoors . (ArcGIS Pro 2.4)

The folder with config.json file, I allowed on a site with IIS available (wwwroot), URL external, with certificate security validate for https:

In portal I created a Web Application as Javascript and register the URL:

But when I configure the json, the website is not launched:

The ID's from webmaps and webscene is correct, and the ID register also, but I don't know the reason for that this app not run. Can you help me please? 

Best regards!

Braulio.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Here is another suggestion to troubleshoot this. Try to publish new route and closest facility services to your portal using the network dataset provided with the product data. I wonder if the network dataset in the configuration table when published from ArcPro to Enterprise was corrupted.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have some troubleshooting experience and want to see if I can help. Does the webmap publish to your Portal? If so, when you are using the indoors template in webapp builder are you not seeing anything populate in your explore tab? 

The webmap when shared may not be sharing to your Enterprises content because the portal connection may not be established. If it is the other type of problem, then you may not have the two necessary tables (Indoors Config and Categories) added in ArcPro before sharing the webmap.

I want to explore this problem with you.

Thanks,

Andy

BraulioGalvez1
Esri Contributor

Thank you Andy!
I tried configure this app through of file config.json (for customize the app, the idea is have environment 2D and 3D)... then, I reviewed the help: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/indoors/web/deploy-the-website-for-indoors.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_E1E3C43467B54... I noticed that the app was on the portal and had to be enabled, which I got and I forgot the config.json file hosted on my website  , however, in the documentation it says that I can also enable the app for a WebScene and it does not appear more documentation at respect. A video with this: https://www.screencast.com/t/g30C3KSENxtu 

The other inconvenient that I have, is enabling the network, since the system does not allow using the network as I can use it in ArcGIS Pro, the system asks me for a network service for which I do not know how to configure the network_URL field of the IndoorsConfig table. The problem is this:

Thank you newly Andy!!!

Best regards.

Braulio.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Braulio, 

Lets diagnose this issue! For the web scene, its kind of tricky, and I have never actually stood up the 3D web scene, so Congrats! But to solve this problem, I think it is done by going into your configured Indoors template for the 2D webmap you already completed, and you will see the button for selecting a scene. See if you can add your 3D scene to your 2D map. It is my belief that by adding your scene you will have the option of toggling on and off 2D and 3D in your Indoors web application. 

See if you can add a scene from your indoors webapp configuration

To solve the problem with your network, it is something we will need to troubleshoot. 

1. I know that sometimes when you share and publish your 2D webmap from ArcPro, it may not carry over your configuration table and categories table, therefore, we would need to remove the group that has all your map layers in the published web map that your shared to your enterprise account from ArcPro, and then add the MIL (map image layer) back to the map. When adding the MIL, it will bring back all tables and service layers, however, you must rename those tables exactly how you named them in Pro or it will not work. You can then go ahead and configure your webmap with indoors configuration web template

2. In the image above, you will see that I highlighted the network service URL, but you do not populate this URL unless for adding a new network! That network URL is basically a shortcut for updating your network analysis without having to republish your new network URL when you have made renovations to your buildings. The network has already been configured in ArcPro and does not require that URL to be filled with the same Network URL you are using in ArcPro. I would try step number 1. It may just be that the tables are not present when you shared your webmap to your enterprise and you just need to remove and re-add the MIL. 

I hope this helps. 

Thanks,

Andy

0 Kudos
BraulioGalvez1
Esri Contributor

Thank you Andy... For configure the app, is impossible for me because the system does not allow me to configure the app. Please, see this video: https://www.screencast.com/t/16VvCCj4qh0

(I have administrator permissions).

Respect to point 1 and 2, I don't have "map image layer", because I'm copying (exploratory) the data to portal. The web map is this:

See this video please: https://www.screencast.com/t/uGDM8nzxmy

This also is related with the app configuration, since the system doesn't permit this. i understand your explanation, but I still don't understand, which network URL must be configured.

Thank you in advance Andy!

Braulio.

0 Kudos
BraulioGalvez1
Esri Contributor

Andy.

I achieved configure the app! I was using the Indoors App built with version 2018... Now is the app correct!

We move forward!, but I still with the problem related with URL of Network and closest facility. I really don't know where I can extract the information from the network, as I can use it in ArcGIS Pro. I wanted use the service of world of network, but without success! please see this:

Thank you for your help!

Braulio.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah, from what I see you have the layers (Network_ND_junctions, Transitions, and Pathways). You should not have those layers added in your web map. I would suggest removing them. That way the network analysis will work. Looks great by the way!

Thanks,

Andy

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also, you do not need to add that URL for the network in the indoors template (see your 2nd picture and the Network Service URL you have input) because your indoors configuration table already has the url service. 

0 Kudos
BraulioGalvez1
Esri Contributor

Thanks Andy. Yes, I have the service for network, but this doesn't work for this app, because the service does not belong to the configuration of indoors, I want to add a URL that is a valid system network and for this, there is no documentation to help! please, see this for you understand: https://www.screencast.com/t/e64Kw8Yu

Thank you!

Braulio.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Your reasoning with a new Network Service URL makes sense and should fix the problem. Try this one Route (NAServer) . See if plugging this one in will work. If not, I am going to ask around and try to find a new network URL for that dataset. What you have done is correct.

Thanks,

Andy

0 Kudos