KML Popup Template

07-21-2019 06:42 AM
SheriWysong
New Contributor

I originally put this question in another location but got no answer, so I'm trying here.  I need some coaching on popup templates.  I've spent a few hours on this, and now I think I can ask an intelligent question and hopefully save myself several more hours of trial and error.  The background is, my association made a colloborative map on Google maps that has dozens of points with popups, many with one or more photos, a caption for the photos and lat/longs.  I have now taken on the project of converting the kml files to shape files, cleaning them up, and importing them into the free Arcgis Online Map.  I'm pretty well versed in ArcMap and have it all pretty much figured out except for the popups.  I can paste the KMLPopup.xsl template into the field in the shapefile properties, and it works, but the captions are truncated because the "PopupInfo" field that is created in the attribute table when the KML file is converted is limited to 156 characters, and all the information, the photo URL, the lat/longs and the caption get put in one field. 

I know some html, and recognize some of the tags in the template, but the XML is Greek to me:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

-<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:msxsl="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt" xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" version="1.0">

-<xsl:template match="/">

-<html>

<head> </head>

-<body>

-<table>

-<tr>

-<td style="white-space: nowrap;">

-<xsl:choose>

-<xsl:when test="FieldsDoc/Fields/Field/FieldName">

<xsl:apply-templates select="FieldsDoc/Fields/Field/FieldName[contains(., 'PopupInfo')]/.."/>

</xsl:when>

-<xsl:otherwise>

<xsl:apply-templates select="FieldsDoc/Fields/Field"/>

</xsl:otherwise>

</xsl:choose>

</td>

</tr>

</table>

</body>

</html>

</xsl:template>

-<xsl:template match="Field">

<xsl:value-of select="FieldValue" disable-output-escaping="yes"/>

</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

So, here is my question.  If I were to add one or more additional field(s) to the attribute table and split out the information so it will all fit, how do I modify the code to include the additional fields in the popup?

0 Kudos
0 Replies