Pop-ups not showing content in Dashboard

07-19-2019 07:12 AM
JamesShively
New Contributor III

I have created a map with pop-ups showing a limited set of attributes for point features. This map was then inserted into a dashboard. The pop-ups in the web map are fine and show the attributes I selected before publishing. However, when the point features are selected/clicked on in the map within the dashboard, the pop-ups show no content with only a message that reads, "No Content". Why? More importantly, how do I fix this to show pop-ups the same as the pop-ups in the web map?

0 Kudos
28 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi James,

> The pop-ups in the web map are fine and show the attributes I selected before publishing. However, when the point features are selected/clicked on in the map within the dashboard, the pop-ups show no content with only a message that reads, "No Content". 

The expected behavior is that pop-ups configured in the web map should appear the same in Operations Dashboard.

• Are you using Ops Dashboard in ArcGIS Online or Portal for ArcGIS?
  • If Portal for ArcGIS, which release?
  • Is there anything special that you configured in the web map pop-up? For example, did you use Arcade?
  • What is the data layer source for the pop-ups?
  • Can you please post some screenshots?
0 Kudos
PeterMacKenzie2
Occasional Contributor II

I am experiencing a similar issue. 

I have an AGOL web map with popups configured, these work as expected.

When the same map is clicked in the op dashboard an incorrect popup is shown. It's actually for a different layer in the the map?

See screenshot: D = dashboard, M = Map

Data source for popup is a Map Image Layer - from an SDE SQL Server DB. 

DerekLaw

Hi Peter,

I haven't seen this behavior and I'm not aware of any issues. Can you please share the web map and provide steps to reproduce so I can take a look?

ElizabethZizzamia1
New Contributor III

I have the same issue. None of my pop-ups are working in my dashboard maps. I disabled them in the underlying web map because it looked worse to have a blank pop-up. I thought it was a layer issue but it's not working even for ESRI Living Atlas layers like the COVID Case layers like this one. COVID-19 Cases US. Here's a couple screen shots and links to my public items. I hope you can help!! Thanks!

Web map: https://arcg.is/0rTyCH 

ArcGIS Dashboards Web Map pop-up workingDashboard pop-up not working

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Elizabeth,

> I have the same issue. None of my pop-ups are working in my dashboard maps.

I am unable to reproduce your issue. I took your public web map,  https://arcg.is/0rTyCH and was able to create a new simple dashboard using its data. The pop-ups are working for me in the dashboard,

COVID-19 Cases in VA Dashboard Test

Perhaps double-check the configuration settings in the dashboard?

(Really nice dashboard by the way)

Hope this helps,

ElizabethZizzamia1
New Contributor III

Hi Derek!

Thanks so much for looking into this. I had to delete the map element from the dashboard (which also deleted all dependents) and add it back. Things seem to work until I disabled one of the pop-ups in the map on AGOL. Then all pop-ups on the dashboard no longer worked, including the legend and layer visibility list. Despite changing the pop-up setting and closing and refreshing and switching browsers, the pop-ups no longer work. I guess i temporarily switch the source of the elements to my other embedded map and delete/re-add the VA map. I figured out a way to remove the layer that i didn't want the pop-ups on. At least I figured out where the bug is! I changed the dashboard quite a bit too. ArcGIS Dashboards 

Cheers, Beth

ElizabethZizzamia1
New Contributor III

I actually figured out that the text for all graphics had been set to white. I switched all colors back to default and all the pop-ups work now!

DerekLaw

Hi Elizabeth,

Glad to hear the issue is resolved and it was simple oversight. Dashboard looks great. Are you ok if I share and promote it on Twitter? If so, do you and/or your organization have a Twitter handle(s) I can reference?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have this exact same problem. Issue started on 4/9/2020. My pop-up is working in my webmap, but not in the dashboard. I have not changed the graphic color, and the layer is sourced from a FGDB I have placed on portal. The layer I am wanting the pop-up to be on, is showing me the schema of another layer.

0 Kudos