Remove date from title slide

Jump to solution
07-21-2019 03:16 PM
elanahaviv
New Contributor

Hi,

I am building a project through the ArcGIS storymaps interface. On the title slide (the first page someone viewing the story map encounters), it is automatically adding the date of publication below the main title. I absolutely do not want this. Is there any way to remove or edit this line? When viewing it in edit mode it reads "draft" and cannot be clicked on. 

Thanks!

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

All -- we're working providing a way to remove the published date from the cover for the next release.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Yep! It's in the story settings...

Owen Evans

View solution in original post

14 Replies
ShanaCrosson2
New Contributor III

I would also like the option to remove the date. Thank you!

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Elana/Shana -- There's no way to not show the date published at this time, but we'll consider adding the ability to do that in a future release.

Elana -- For now, if this is a non-starter for you, you can try using one of our Classic templates like Cascade or Journal. These templates do not have a publication date on the cover.

Owen Evans
RachaelBell-Irving
New Contributor II

I also support this feature being added. Having the date present limits what I can use the story map features for. For example, I was hoping to use it for a corporate, program concept document, but the date shows that it is a fluid document when I need it to a be set in stone. Also when I build education programs on story maps, the date is irrelevant. It should be an optional feature. Considering the variety of uses that story maps could provide it doesn't make sense to have it obligatory. 

Regarding the classic view, those are fine however, considering the changeover, it is more common than not that the old versions of products will either be phased out or made inaccessible later. Meaning we could lose the ability to edit any maps made on classic view in the future and I do not want to take that risk. 

OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

All -- we're working providing a way to remove the published date from the cover for the next release.

Owen Evans
Anneka_France
Occasional Contributor III

Owen Evans has this been implemented yet? I don't seem to be able to remove the date but I'm sure there has been an update since this was posted. Thanks!

Anneka France
Technical Manager at The Rivers Trust
0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Yep! It's in the story settings...

Owen Evans
MargieMassier
New Contributor II

Is this no longer an option? I can't figure out how to remove the data from the title.

0 Kudos
CarlosSuarez
New Contributor

Thanks.  That was bugging me.  I knew there was an answer.

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@MargieMassier -- Yes, this is still available in the story settings. However, you now have even more control over how the date appears on your story cover, so it's no longer a checkbox, it's a dropdown menu since there are three options.

If you want to hide the date, just select "None (hide date)."

Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 10.04.25 AM.jpg

Owen Evans
0 Kudos