Where do I get geodata from Deutsche Telekom and Vodafone Kabel Deutschland?

07-19-2019 03:20 AM
Svenja-ChristinLemke
New Contributor II

Hello everyone!

I work at the GIS office of a small local government.

My department plans the development of a data line between the headquarters and the remote offices.

For planning purposes, line information (telecommunications / gas / electricity and water) is required.
The Deutsche Telekom and Vodafone Kabel Deutschland AG host different information portals, Deutsche Telekom operates „Trassenauskunft Kabel“ and Vodafone Kabel Deutschland operates „Webauskunft zum Netzausbau“. At these portals you can download the line plans as a PDF-file. Geodata is also needed for the planning, but I can’t find any contact persons. Do you know a way to get geodata? Whom could I contact for more information?

Thanks for your help. I am looking forward to your tips.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
SpatialNinja
Esri Regular Contributor

Christoph Zonsius‌, would Esri Germany be able to assist here?

Solutions Engineer | Spatial Ninja  | GIS ️ | Telecommunications
JohannesBierer
Occasional Contributor III

Maybe this email could help you, it was in the FAQ:

trassenauskunft.kabel@telekom.de

0 Kudos
Svenja-ChristinLemke
New Contributor II

Thank you for the reply!
I am in contact with trassenauskunft.kabel@telekom.de but the person in charge doesnt know anything about geodata. In the faq of the Trassenauskunft Kabel (TAK) I learned that  GIS behind the service is smallworld GIS and I asked for it. Different Telekom workers sent me hotline-numbers, after 8 different hotlines i reached the person from TAK again. So I couldnt get a hold of any person who heard of GIS or geodata before.

Thank you!

0 Kudos