Are photos going to be supported in the Survey123 reports using Portal for ArcGIS?

Jump to solution
07-18-2019 06:30 AM
SMW_GIS
New Contributor III

For future releases of Portal for ArcGIS, will the option to generate reports WITH photos become available? James Tedrick

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Steven,

Unfortunately, ArcGIS Enterprise (Portal for ArcGIS) does not currently support keywords for attachments, and there is no workaround to this. Survey123 uses keywords to link the attachments to the specific question (field) in the feature, otherwise they would only be related to the feature, not the question. This works in ArcGIS Online as keywords are supported.

Until keywords are supported in ArcGIS Enterprise, images and signatures will not work with Feature Reports. I do not believe this is in the current plan for the next release of Portal.

There is an open enhancement request for ArcGIS Enterprise to support keywords for attachments, I would suggest you raise an Esri support ticket and link it to the current enhancement case, as the more requests from customers on this issue the sooner it may be supported in Enterprise.

Phil.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Steven,

Unfortunately, ArcGIS Enterprise (Portal for ArcGIS) does not currently support keywords for attachments, and there is no workaround to this. Survey123 uses keywords to link the attachments to the specific question (field) in the feature, otherwise they would only be related to the feature, not the question. This works in ArcGIS Online as keywords are supported.

Until keywords are supported in ArcGIS Enterprise, images and signatures will not work with Feature Reports. I do not believe this is in the current plan for the next release of Portal.

There is an open enhancement request for ArcGIS Enterprise to support keywords for attachments, I would suggest you raise an Esri support ticket and link it to the current enhancement case, as the more requests from customers on this issue the sooner it may be supported in Enterprise.

Phil.

SMW_GIS
New Contributor III

Thanks for the feedback and thorough explanation, Philip.