Retrieve WMX Database folder arcpy

07-17-2019 03:54 AM
DharmaRajan
Occasional Contributor

Hi All,

Apart from "WMXAdvancedSettings.exe', how to get the database folder path of workflow manager by using arcpy or arcpywmx?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
XiaomengZheng
Esri Contributor

Hi Dharma,

Do you try to retrieve the workflow manager database connection? The arcpy.wmx.Connect() can establish the connection to the workflow manager database. You will need to provide the jtc file path to be able to retrieve the connection. Or if you have had a wmx connection in Pro project the path is not required.

Unfortunately we do not have existing python API to only retrieve the workflow manager database path.

Thanks,

Meggie

0 Kudos
DharmaRajan
Occasional Contributor

Hi Xiaomeng Zheng , 

Thanks for your prompt response. But I am looking for the JTC file path itself. My question is How can we pass the JTC file path as a parameter from workflow manager tool?

Thanks

0 Kudos
XiaomengZheng
Esri Contributor

Hi Dharma,

Do you use Pro or 10.x? Here are some information regarding where we store the jtc file and it might help you find a workaround.

If you use Pro, we store the jtc file in the project and you can try to navigate to the project folder. If you use 10.x, once you add the connection in Workflow Manager Administrator, the jtc file gets stored at \ProgramData\ESRI\WMX\10.7\Database. You can also make a copy of the jtc file else where.

Hope it help. If you would like to share more information regarding how you pass on the jtc file path, I'm more than happy to discuss with you for other possible solutions.

Thanks,

Meggie

0 Kudos
DharmaRajan
Occasional Contributor

Hi Xiaomeng Zheng,

jtc file gets stored at \ProgramData\ESRI\WMX\10.7\Database

The above content which you mentioned is about the default jtc file path.

But by using 'WMXAdvancedSettings.exe', the user can modify/change the default Database folder path(jtc-file path). In such case, how can I find the current "WMX Database folder path" from settings by using arcpywmx?

0 Kudos