Unable to Sign in onto AGOL from Survey123 v3.5.164

07-08-2019 12:28 AM
DeonLengton
Esri Contributor

As from this weekend I am unable to sign onto my AGOL account through Survey123 on an older Galaxy Tab T231. The sign-on page appears and i can enter my credentials but I never get authenticated and the login screen stays blank with the busy icon spinning. (Installing S123 Classic works though)

One of my surveys is shared publicly and even scanning it's barcode and trying to download the survey without logging in is not working.

I have attached the AppStudio Error log for reference.

Not sure if this is the root of the cause:

filename="SecureSettings.qml" line="46"] qml: SecureStorage error: Key not found
<15>1 2019-07-08T07:16:14Z localhost Survey123forArcGIS 8288 - [AppStudio@11205 category="qml" function="onCredentialsRequest" filename="SurveyApp.qml" line="535"] qml: Show sign in page

I have uninstalled Survey123 and deleted all its files and reinstalled - still not working

I have factory reset the device - still not working

I can log in on AGOL through a browser so its not the TLS authentication issue...

It might be a device specific issue - I am using a Samsung Galaxy T231 which has been working 100% until now... 

Any help will be appreciated

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Deon,

Are you still having issues with this device? Can you share the specific device information, make, model, OS version and any other helpful info? Is it 32 bit or 64 bit device?

Was 3.3 release of the app working fine? Have you tested the latest 3.6 beta version available on EAC?

Do other devices you have work as expected with same AGO login and network connections?

Phil.

0 Kudos
DeonLengton
Esri Contributor

Hi Philip

So I discovered that this was the issue:

Caution:

Be aware that this will be the last version of the Survey123 field app to support Android x86, as well as the last version to support Android version 4.4. Starting with the next release, the minimum Android version supported will be 5.0 on both 32-bit and 64-bit ARM processors.

I installed the previous version and all is fine now... its not a mission critical application so all is fine. Thank you for your reply.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Deon,

Great, thanks for letting me know. There have been changes to AGO and the TLS and security minimum requirements with the AGO release just before the UC, as well as there are new minimum requirements for the Survey123 app and what will be supported moving forward and on which devices and hardware and OS version.

Phil.

0 Kudos