Upload failing on Getting Service Information

07-04-2019 07:48 AM
ClaireWood
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have a problem where my survey won't submit answers and is stuck on 'Getting Service Information'.  I think the problem has arisen because the survey was updated, possibly making the surveyors version incompatible with the new schema (it also contains numbered repeats).

So far, I have tried following advice on https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/desktop/get-answers/troubleshootgetanswers.htm 

I have created a copy of the Survey, then I have manually modified the SQLlite database using DB Browser to point to the URL of the new version of the survey.  I then open Survey123, however whilst it shows the records in the outbox of the new survey, there is no data in any of the records.

Attempts at exporting the SQLlite file have also failed.

Any help gratefully received.

Claire 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Claire,

Getting a log file during the submission process would help troubleshoot this - see Troubleshoot—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

If you think the survey has been altered enough that the data can't be submitted to the new service, I might suggest exporting it to a CSV file - see GitHub - tedrick/ReadS123DB: Convert the survey data stored in the Survey123 Field App into a set of... 

0 Kudos
ClaireWood
New Contributor III

Thank you James - I haven't managed to get the export to csv script to run yet, however, I have now edited the sql lite file to enable me to submit the data.  On further investigation, I found I needed to change the name of the survey in the Name column, but then also found an instance of Name in the Data column which also need updating.

Still not sure why the problem occurred exactly but have created a log as suggested - can I send you this offline to take a quick look at?

Many thanks,
Claire 

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Claire,

Apologies for the delays (UC & vacation).  Yes, you can forward this to me - please e-mail jtedrick AT esri.com

0 Kudos
DanielKonzek
Occasional Contributor

Hi James,

I am having the same issue with a newly published survey.  Could I send you my log file and schema to review?  I can't figure out what's wrong.

Thank you,

Dan

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Dan, 

Yes, please do.

0 Kudos