mmpk file rendering on one PC and not on other

Jump to solution
07-05-2019 01:10 AM
AbhijeetSatam
New Contributor III

Hello.

I have been facing a strange issue. Following code renders offline map on one PC and not on other.

The PCs on which code is working and renders map are:

• Laptops running Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS OS on a Virtualbox VM

The system on which code is not rendering map is:

• A 11" touch-screen tablet running Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS OS. No VM. 

OfflineMap::OfflineMap(QWidget *parent) : QWidget(parent)
{

mgv = new Esri::ArcGISRuntime::MapGraphicsView();
mmpk = new Esri::ArcGISRuntime::MobileMapPackage("/home/Map1.mmpk", this);
mgv->setWrapAroundMode(WrapAroundMode::Disabled);

connect(mmpk, (&Esri::ArcGISRuntime::MobileMapPackage::doneLoading), this, (&OfflineMap::doneLoadingFn));
mmpk->load();

QVBoxLayout *vBoxLayout = new QVBoxLayout();
vBoxLayout->addWidget(mgv);
setLayout(vBoxLayout);
setMinimumWidth(1070);
setMinimumHeight(900);
viewpointfn(32.966, 75.462, 5000000/*10000000*/);
show();

}

I would like to know what all OS level aspects shall be checked in this case? I am using 100.4 ArcGIS runtime for Qt. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AbhijeetSatam
New Contributor III

Thank you for the reply James. 

Actually printing out message() and additionalmessage() of Error object passed to doneLoadingFn helped me solve the issue. Even though file was present in the desired location, it showed that 'File not found'. Re-copying file from another PC solved the issue. 

Thanks for the help.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamesBallard1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Abhijeet Satam‌,

Let me ask the obvious first question. Do you have the "Map1.mmpk" data file on both machines? I'm sure you do, but I have to ask just to be sure.

I cannot spot anything wrong in your test code. Can you put some logging in your "OfflineMap::doneLoadingFn" slot code? Let's first confirm that the mobile map package is indeed loading successfully. If it's not, are there any error messages? You should be able to get those from the "doneLoading" signal which passes an error object.

Please let us know if this helps spot the issue. Don't hesitate to let us know if you're still hitting issues.

Regards,

-James

AbhijeetSatam
New Contributor III

Thank you for the reply James. 

Actually printing out message() and additionalmessage() of Error object passed to doneLoadingFn helped me solve the issue. Even though file was present in the desired location, it showed that 'File not found'. Re-copying file from another PC solved the issue. 

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos