Pro2.4: Fundamental modelling parts of the network

07-01-2019 03:40 PM
DamienPyne
Occasional Contributor

Hi there,
Is there any documentation/models on the fundamentals? I’m struggling to see these.
The models at the moment I’m looking for relate to

• Taps - Is a tap required per phase/neutral or a single tap with a phase attribute. Having a tap per phase seems a bit excessive and it clutters the network.  As described in the story map image, the line is a 3ph line.  Why is there a need for 3 taps? If only for the 3 individual fuses these could be modelled as a single object with attributes to indicate 3ph.

• Crossarms - With the new related table, how do you model crossarms related to structure junctions (eg. Poles) and more importantly relate them to the line? The main sequence of relationships is electric line supported by a crossarm which is supported/structural attachment to the pole. This type of relationships is required to be used by interfaces to EAM systems.
    Also, how to model crossarm relationships to other features (eg. EDO fuse mounted on it)

• Are there any restrictions on the amount and types of relationships between features? Can a record in a related table be part of containment (eg. A crossarm part of a pole mounted substation)?

Thanks

5 Replies
DamienPyne
Occasional Contributor

Another example that needs clarity.  What is the need for individual taps for a 3ph to 3ph connection?  Could this be solved with a single tap?

SSMIC3038
Occasional Contributor III

Following this,  I have the same sort of questions.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Damien,

This is a high fidelity phased circuit representation. That's why 3 individual taps are used.  You can use a single (3 phase) tap, but you need to reconfigure the subnetwork definition, propagator and attribute substitution accordingly. 

Propagators are available through python, model builder or via C# SDK.

ArcGIS Pro 2.4 API Reference Guide 

I haven't tried yet, but hoping soon I will try to configure it. 

Regards,

Manoj

JohnAlsup
Esri Contributor

Hi Damien.

The UN and the model we have provided support multiple levels of detail.  The diagrams we have provided thus far, so the maximum detail.  We are working to document multiple levels of detail and the benefits of each level.  Let's take the Tap example.  If you are using esri's Electric Foundation model, no reconfiguration is required to replace the Three Single Phase Taps with a Single Tap.  It all just works out of the box.  Also, you can use a mix of Single Phase Taps and Three Phase taps, no configuration modifications required.  

John Alsup
jalsup@esri.com
ShannonMazelsky
New Contributor II

Hello. Are there any additional diagrams to show how we should model electric utilities in UN yet? I see this post is a few years old. Should we just follow the practices in the Electric UN Solution sample data? (E.g. do I always place a streetlight on the conductor or do I offset it and create an association with a connection point on the conductor?)

0 Kudos