Individual layer URL for use as Submission URL

Jump to solution
06-28-2019 01:50 PM
JoeKupferling
New Contributor II

In AGOL where do I find an individual layer's URL within a feature service layer?  I'm trying to find the layer URL so I can use that for the Submission URL in Survey 123.  I've seen the documentation talking about the limitations of Survey 123 in choosing the first layer.  I'm trying to manually enter the third individual layer in my feature service layer.  Numerous documents talking about this.  Not finding much on where the actual layer URL can be found.

Thank you,

Joe

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Joe,

You can find the Service URL for each of the individual layers in your Feature Layer by clicking on the Feature Layer item from your ArcGIS Online Content.  Here, you will see all the layers listed (refer to screenshot below)

In terms of the Submission URL for creation of a survey, if you are creating from an existing feature service, you would select the options from Survey123 Connect New Survey > Feature Service.  After selecting the feature service from the list of your services available, it would automatically populate the submission URL for the Feature Layer in your XLSForm.  You would then need to go in and update the 'form_id' with the name of the layer that the survey will be based on.  So, from the screenshot above, for the form_id I could use 'RecreationSitePoint', 'Sedona', or'Trail'.  Keep in mind, you will have to manually update the schema to match the fields that are present in that layer.

Best,

Brandon

View solution in original post

4 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Joe,

You can find the Service URL for each of the individual layers in your Feature Layer by clicking on the Feature Layer item from your ArcGIS Online Content.  Here, you will see all the layers listed (refer to screenshot below)

In terms of the Submission URL for creation of a survey, if you are creating from an existing feature service, you would select the options from Survey123 Connect New Survey > Feature Service.  After selecting the feature service from the list of your services available, it would automatically populate the submission URL for the Feature Layer in your XLSForm.  You would then need to go in and update the 'form_id' with the name of the layer that the survey will be based on.  So, from the screenshot above, for the form_id I could use 'RecreationSitePoint', 'Sedona', or'Trail'.  Keep in mind, you will have to manually update the schema to match the fields that are present in that layer.

Best,

Brandon

JoeKupferling
New Contributor II

So if I understand you correctly, the Submission URL is the feature service layer, and each individual layer does not have its own Submission URL.  The target is defined by the 'form_id'.  I was getting hung up that each layer had its own Submission URL distinct from the feature service layer it existed in.

Thank you for the clarification.

Joe

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Yes. That is right: The submission URL is the URL of your feature service item.

The form_id is the layer name within your feature service that you want to target as the main layer of your survey.

More details at: https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2017/09/25/working-with-existing-feature-services-i... and Use Survey123 with existing feature services—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

0 Kudos
JoeKupferling
New Contributor II

Thanks everyone.  All is working properly.