Where is the presence of StoreLatest-Features cached?

06-28-2019 02:18 AM
PeterGrüninger
New Contributor II

As you know, the StoreLatest-functionality is just a FeatureService that is associated to a StreamService. Everytime a Feature is send to the StreamService, GE checks if the feature already exsists and just has to be updated or if it is new and has to be created.

To detect if a feature already exsists, GE initially queries the FeatureServices (a simple REST-Request). After GE has detected a feature for the first time, it never queries FeatureService again and just sends updateFeature-Requests.

It seems like the presence of a feature is cached anywhere in GE.

To minimize REST-Requests to the FeatureService and from a point of performance it should go this way.

The problem is if you delete features on the FeatureService (accidentally or wanted) GE does not recognize that and tries to update a feature which does not exist any longer. 

Features never are created again. The only way to get GE into the state of recheck the presence of the features is to

restart GE.

Therefore, the questions are:

• Where is the prescence of a feature cached?
  • How can I trick GE into rechecking the presence of a StoreLatest feature?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Stefan_Jung
Esri Contributor

Hi Peter Grüninger,

the Update a Feature Output Connector of GeoEvent has some issues updating a hosted Feature Service if a features has been deleted. This occurs if you define a maximum age to delete old features. I guess that this is the same problem in your case.

If you publish a feature service via GeoEvent Manager this Feature Service will be a hosted FeatureService. I know that Esri Inc. already knows about this issue. But you could still open a support case.

I don't know if this also occurs when using a none hosted feature Service. If you have an enterprise geodatabase connected to your ArcGIS Server, you could try to publish the Feature Service manually and select this feature service for store latest. Not sure if this is gona work if the GeoEvent is still caching the object ids of the features.

Best, 

Stefan

0 Kudos