Running X-Ray

Jump to solution
06-27-2019 08:01 AM
Jennifer_Andrews
New Contributor III

I am using ArcGIS 10.3 and I have installed the X-Ray add in.  It was installed successfully but I don't know how to run it.  I cannot find Customize>Extensions in the Catalog.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AntonioDe_La_Rosa2
New Contributor

Under the Add-in Manager > Options tab, check the "Load all Add-Ins without restrictions (Least Secure)". This fixed the issue for me.  

I also made a sub-folder in the User Folder specifically for Add-ins and changed the path to this folder in the Options > "Search for additional Add-Ins in these folders".

Not sure if the add-in restriction setting helped or the folder directory.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Customize should be listed as a header at the top left of the application, but it does not look like you have this toolbar open. Try right clicking on the empty space white to the right of the menu icons > customize > ensure the main menu toolbar is open. If it's not, check it on. Then you should see the main Customize header.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
Jennifer_Andrews
New Contributor III

Are talking about right clicking in the white space in the catalog? If so, I get nothing.

Jennifer Andrews

GIS Analyst

Craighead Electric Cooperative Corporation

0 Kudos
John_RMellor__GISP
Occasional Contributor

I believe I have read somewhere that there is a bug causing this No GUI components found in this Add-In. Add-In version does not match.” error.  Can anyone confirm this?  

I'm wondering if I uninstall my Desktop (10.4.1) and install a different version will I be able to work around the bug? 

AntonioDe_La_Rosa2
New Contributor

I have been having a similar issue, running 10.6.1 and have not been able to use the add-in due to the "No GUI components found in this Add-In. Add-In version does not match" message. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Desktop and still no luck. The add-in works on other machines that already have the add-in installed (regardless of version) , however new users trying to install it get an error. Any others have any luck?

0 Kudos
AntonioDe_La_Rosa2
New Contributor

Under the Add-in Manager > Options tab, check the "Load all Add-Ins without restrictions (Least Secure)". This fixed the issue for me.  

I also made a sub-folder in the User Folder specifically for Add-ins and changed the path to this folder in the Options > "Search for additional Add-Ins in these folders".

Not sure if the add-in restriction setting helped or the folder directory.

jschuckert
New Contributor III

@AntonioDe_La_Rosa2  "Load all add-in's..." did it for me! Thanks!!

0 Kudos