Combine excel tables with ArcMap

06-20-2019 02:38 AM
AnnaCirmon
New Contributor

Hi I´m new here. I don't know if I'm in the right place.. I would like to combine excel tables with ArcMap without using Windows 7? Is there a way?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Anna,

> I would like to combine excel tables with ArcMap without using Windows 7? Is there a way?

Can you please elaborate on your statement? What do you mean by "combine excel tables with ArcMap"? Are you asking if you can use MS Excel tables with ArcMap?

Adding a Microsoft Excel table to ArcMap—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

Also, what do you mean by "without using Windows 7"? Are you asking if ArcMap can run on a different operating system? What release of ArcMap are you using?

ArcGIS Desktop 10.7.x system requirements—ArcGIS Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

Hope this helps,

AnnaCirmon
New Contributor

Hey. I want to upload an Excel spreadsheet into a project to have the data in my project. Later, I want my customer to only change data in the Excel table and then change it in the project. I use ArcMap Versio 10.6.1 Currently I can only load Excel tables into my project on Windows 7.

Thanks for you answer! I think the second link is helpful!

0 Kudos
LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

Anna,

If you are in reference to having to have Excel 2007 installed to use XLSX files even when you have a newer version installed.  There are several workarounds depending upon which version of ArcGIS you are using.  Please take a look at Understanding how to use Microsoft Excel files in ArcGIS and select your version of ArcMap for specific instructions. 

You may need to install the Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable as Microsoft has discontinued support for the Office 2007 drivers. This package will install a set of components that can be used to facilitate transfer of data between 2010 Microsoft Office System files and non-Microsoft Office applications. 

One other note, I believe you need to download and install the 32-bit version of the Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable even for 64-bit systems on ArcGIS Desktop and Pro.

AnnaCirmon
New Contributor

Thank you very much for your detailed answer! That will help me. I guess I'll have to download this.
Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos