Subscription for security updates?

Jump to solution
06-19-2019 06:34 AM
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

Is there some sort of "Subscribe" doo hickey where I can get an email alert when something like https://community.esri.com/community/esri-software-security-privacy/blog/2019/05/28/portal-for-arcgi...  gets posted? In context, I don't know how to "Tweet" or "Snap", and require IT assistance to get an app on my phone, soo..........

0 Kudos
1 Solution
5 Replies
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

Perhaps? Does that mean I'll get an email with each new post? Or each new "Security" themed posted only by ESRI staff? 

I'm trying this but this required me to scroll down in my outlook and find the RSS folder.

I'm jumping on the bus late here perhaps. With Github, I've got something set up where I get an alert when ever one of my Repos contains code that ends up on some CVE advisory, wondering if ESRI does the same thing? 

0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

Ahhh I see the "Subscribe" thingy, however, once I hit "Subscribe", there button doesn't change (still says Subscribe), thus nothing to indicate that I infact am "Subscribed", nor what Product Downloads I'm subscribed to? But this answers my need. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue with the Subscribe button that Thomas has. It seems that I am only able to subscribe to all downloads for all products and all versions from the top-level page.

It would be helpful if it was easier to customize your subscription more. For example, I would like to subscribe to all security-related downloads for all ArcGIS Enterprise core software (Web Adaptor, Portal, Server, Data Store, no extensions) across versions 10.4 - 10.8. It doesn't look like this is possible to do, other than to create 20 separate subscriptions. And, I'd have to create 4 more subscriptions for each new release of ArcGIS Enterprise.

0 Kudos
BillLotz
Occasional Contributor II

Old post, but I still can't find a way to get notifications of security updates. I just noticed a security update that I missed, lets see an option as you suggested,    "For example, I would like to subscribe to all security-related downloads for all ArcGIS Enterprise core software (Web Adaptor, Portal, Server, Data Store, no extensions) across versions 10.4 - 10.8."

0 Kudos