I'm trying to process ag field data for which I don't have control points.
- Identified relatively stable areas in a 2m resolution USGS DEM (presumably NAVD88)
- ArcGIS interpolated elevation values for points located at those ~stable areas
- Created csv file of x,y,z values
- Imported the file to D2M and a yellow triangle warning appeared by each entry
- Report says the points aren't being used.
- Used default gravity model for CGPs.
I've attached a report from one of the more "successful" runs that shows a fictitious deep hole at the east edge of the field.
The USGS DEM suggests a road used to run along (and inside) the east field's edge. The linear feature is slightly depressed from the rest of the field. I positioned 3 GCPs along that likely road to assist the analysis... but the GCPs weren't used.
Second, related question... could such a linear feature "confuse" D2M's algorithms?