Area Solar Radiation - Parameter

03-04-2011 10:03 AM
TimothyWeyrer
New Contributor
Hi!

I´m going to use the tool area solar radiation for the first time. To know exactly what I do, I have to understand the used parameters. Maybe some of you can help me to understand them.

Especially the parameters "Diffuse Proportion" and "Transmittivity" are not clear. These parameters are explained very brief. Is there a possibility to determine the values of these parameters in an easy understandable way? How big is the influence if I us the default values?

Are the any other important things I should know before using the tool?

I´m looking forward to many answers.

Thanks
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus
I would say you should study "Diffuse Proportion" and "Transmittivity" before you use the tool since they refer to parameters associated with the atmosphere.  You can vary these parameters to see their affect, but using the defaults would not be appropriate unless they apply to your circumstances
0 Kudos
TimothyWeyrer
New Contributor
Sorry, maybe I have explained it a little bit confused. I already know the meaning of them, but how to determine them is not clear for me.
0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus
You would have to troll the academic papers on methods of estimating diffuse radiation and atmospheric transmissivity to get answer for you particular area, I suspect the provided defaults are global estimates.
0 Kudos