Stored credentials and password changes in Explorer

06-05-2019 08:28 AM
GarethBaker1
Occasional Contributor III

I've got a couple of questions about how user credentials are stored within the Explorer app.

1. Is the method of how these are stored documented anywhere (for both Android and iOS)? It's a pre-emptive question in case our IT security people ask. I'm sure they are secure but if we can say it uses a particular industry standard for storing these then that would be useful.

2. Our IT security policy forces us to update our password every 90 days. From what I've seen with a couple of Explorer users when their password has changed (and is therefore different from the one saved within the app) the app still loads up but they don't see any maps available to them.  There doesn't seem to be any message to the user to say that their saved password is incorrect (although it's possible that they did get a message but didn't tell me). We managed to resolve it by getting them to log out and log back in again with their new password but it might be useful if they were just automatically logged out if their password is now incorrect rather than letting them get into the app and thinking that there is a fault with the Portal because it's not displaying maps. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks

Gareth

0 Kudos
0 Replies