Survey123 repeat image question doesn't allow renaming if name already exists in the database.

Jump to solution
06-05-2019 05:49 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why is my survey not allowing me to rename a photo in a repeat question with a name that is already stored in the related attachment table? 

Background: I created my survey from a feature service. The feature class has related tables for repeat questions within the survey. There are two questions that are repeat image questions. 

Problem Example: I was able to successfully submit a survey that contained 8 pictures that I renamed. The survey is for building inspections, so the example I'll use is I renamed one of the photos "Master Bedroom". I went to do another mock survey submission for a different property and when I tried to rename a photo for that house as "Master Bedroom", it turned red and reverted to the default name.

The weird thing is I went to the outbox and resubmitted the first survey. This meant that my attachment table in my database has two entries called "Master Bedroom" but the survey still doesn't allow me to rename photos that. Is there something I am doing wrong in my survey setup?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Adam, Lane,

Photos taken are stored in an application directory on the device and need to be unique- I would suggest adding the date or some other identifier to the file name.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
LaneFeschuk2
New Contributor

Hi Adam, were you able to get any resolution for this? I am running into the same problem. Thanks.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Adam, Lane,

Photos taken are stored in an application directory on the device and need to be unique- I would suggest adding the date or some other identifier to the file name.

LaneFeschuk2
New Contributor

Thanks James, while trying to figure this out I had figured it might be specific to the device (even regardless of the survey being used?). For now we'll just have to use the default timestamp and work around with scripts.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos