Depth from a Bathymetry-based Tile Package

06-04-2019 11:48 AM
RainerFarsch1
New Contributor II

Is there a way to get depth readings from a bathymetry-based tile package. I would like to select a position on a basemap and get depth information for that position. I have been rendering tile packages in ArcMap in the past, but depth information was never included into the tile package. Perhaps this "feature" has been added recently?! Besides getting the depth from a point, would it be possible to get statistics within a polygon (e.g. a circle) like the minimum depth, the maximum depth, the average depth, and the standard deviation?

Thanks!

-Rainer

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Rainer,

What you describe is unfortunately not available at this point. Are you running on Linux only? You might be able to create a custom Geoprocessing Tool in ArcMap or Pro that does this type of raster math, share that as a GPK (geoprocessing package), and then execute that in Runtime via the Local Server SDK. It would likely need to be run against raw rasters as opposed to the tile packages.

- Lucas

0 Kudos
RainerFarsch1
New Contributor II

Hi Lucas,

Is this possibly a future feature? (Or it's just not going to happen?)

Thanks!

-Rainer

0 Kudos
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Rainer,

Yes, it's something we are wanting to support, but it's not planned for a specific release. If you have specifics of your use case, you can email me some details to ldanzinger@esri.com. Having specific customer details generally helps elevate priority.

Thanks,

Lucas

0 Kudos