Attach graphs to features

06-03-2019 02:13 AM
JuliaAurisch
New Contributor

Hello,

I want to attach a graph to every feature to my geodatabase-feature-class. I have already enable attachments and create the graphs with the Create Graph Wizard and I can modify these in the Graph Manager, but how can I attach these graphs to my features? So if I edit attribute values, the diagrams will be automatically refresh and I can see the modification also automatically in the attachments/ HTML-PopUp. Is it possible?

Comment: I don't want to export the diagrams as PNG/SVG/..., because these are static and if I edit attributes I have to Export and add as attachment again and again.

My Software: ArcMap 10.6.1 (License type: Advanced)

Greetings

Julia

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Julia,

> ... how can I attach these graphs to my features? So if I edit attribute values, the diagrams will be automatically refresh and I can see the modification also automatically in the attachments/ HTML-PopUp. Is it possible?

I don't think this is possible at the feature class level. But this type of behavior is possible using web maps in ArcGIS Online and/or ArcGIS Enterprise (in the Portal for ArcGIS component). You could take your feature class and share it as a feature layer, add it to a web map, then configure pop-ups with graphs. When your attribute values change, the content in the pop-ups, like the charts, will also update. For example, see this blog

Pop-ups: adding charts

Hope this helps,