Printing Multiple Layouts in ArcPro

05-30-2019 08:01 AM
deleted-user-K9U1SzFzl3f7
New Contributor III

I'd like to express my complete surprise that printing multiple map layouts in a project isn't part of the product that's shipped with this software since day 1!

If ArcPro is to be promoted as being able to create multiple layouts in a project as a selling point compared to ArcMap, you should also likewise have the ability to print all layouts, or a subset of layouts selected in a dialog box. 

Automating a print from a Map Series is nice, but not viable for my particular use in this case. Rummaging through the scripting tutorials right now.

Tags (1)
5 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Thanks, Brandon.  This would likely be more productive if posted as an idea in the ArcGIS Ideas‌ space!

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

I'll do that. Thanks, Kory!

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

I had to search for the script again. Since this discussion is the first result from searching the web, I thought I'd include the custom script used to print these out. It's real simple, which is why this functionality aught to be included in the full version of the software. 

https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/271468/batch-exporting-layouts-to-pdf-in-arcgis-pro-using-ar...

import arcpy  aprx = arcpy.mp.ArcGISProject("CURRENT")figFolder = arcpy.GetParameterAsText(0)for lyt in aprx.listLayouts():    print(" {0} ({1} x {2} {3})".format(lyt.name, lyt.pageHeight, lyt.pageWidth, lyt.pageUnits))    lyt.exportToPDF(figFolder + "\\" + lyt.name + ".pdf")

To create a script tool: https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/help/analysis/geoprocessing/basics/create-a-python-script-tool.htm

AlexZhuk
Occasional Contributor III

Astonishing, it's not done long time ago!

0 Kudos
KatarzynaDrozynska
New Contributor

Please may I ask for some help with creating this script? What do I add in the "Parameters" tab? Do I need to format the script from above in any particular way? I am a complete newbie to this... thanks!

"General"

KatarzynaDrozynska_0-1682123020494.png

"Parameters"

KatarzynaDrozynska_1-1682123053305.png

"Execution"

KatarzynaDrozynska_2-1682123199946.png

"Validation"

KatarzynaDrozynska_3-1682123228819.png

0 Kudos